Anthony Joshua extended his impressive win and knockout streak to fourteen this evening, with a first round win against unbeaten Scottish heavyweight Gary Cornish, gaining the vacant Commonwealth heavyweight title.

The pre-fight entertainment had the on-
looking London crowd at fever pitch as the jumbo-tron screens replayed a mega mix of previous Joshua knockouts; little did everybody know, this show would last longer than the in-ring action to follow.

Cornish looked to be a breath of fresh air in the opening moments, throwing his own jabs as a signal of his intent to continue his own winning streak. That confidence left the ‘Highlander’moments later as a sharp left hook followed by a stiff right hand had him down.

Rising to his feet, Cornish was brave but was soon to be down again and stopped just moments later as Joshua finished with a right hand.

Speaking after the fight, Joshua was questioned on his next opponent Dillian Whyte who fought earlier on the card and watched from ringside, “It’s good he got the W [Whyte] but I didn’t watch his fight I was warming up”

He continued, “It’s great now we have some time to get fast, strong and ready. I was supposed to fight him [Whyte] tonight, but he said he wanted another fight to get ready.”

The co-main attraction saw the trilogy fight between Dave Ryan and John Wayne Hibbert for Ryan’s Commonwealth and WBC international super lightweight title.

Ryan carried a 2-0 lead into the third contest, and looked to be making it three, scoring a good knockdown in round six with a left hook to the body and dominating several rounds.

But things took a strange turn in round ten, as Ryan injured his back and signalled to his corner severe pain. Undeterred, Hibbert landed a huge right hand on his opponent and the referee stepped in to shield the badly hurt Ryan who couldn’t stand upright.

Dillian Whyte kept up his end of the December 12 bargain, with a third round knockout over journeyman Brian Minto.

After injuring his left shoulder early in the first round, Whyte became a little right hand happy and struggled to finish Minto after having him hurt in round one.

A win keeps Whyte’s career moving in the right direction with the December 12th Joshua fight now immediately on the horizon.

By Gary Mushrow [@Gary9690]